For reciprocating machines such as pumps or compressors, a mix of VTB vibration and VTB impact sensors should be used. The VTB triaxial vibration sensors will detect mechanical flaws in bearings, out of balance, misalignment. The vibration sensor looks at acceleration velocity and displacement values.
Unique Application Benefits:
- Built-in automatic sensor test verification and diagnostics insures machine monitoring point accuracy, precision, and system reliability
- Excessive machine casing vibration and/or temperature. Of all the process measurements that can be made on a reciprocating compressor- crankcase frame vibration and impact severity will be the most cost effective.
- Abnormal process equipment housing and foundation vibration
- Vibration analysis will provide valuable spectra information on mechanical faults. For integral reciprocating compressors, there are specially designed algorithms available to provide detection of impact severity (mechanical looseness) for compression cylinders and abnormal combustion gas engine detonation for the power cylinders
- Process equipment protection and condition monitoring diagnostics. The most common maintenance item on any reciprocating compressor is the compressor cylinders valves. The single most costly item on any reciprocating compressor is the crankshaft
- Overall machinery vibration monitoring or user defined band-pass filters to customize the vibration monitoring for the type of process equipment or application, e.g., turbochargers
- Unique vibration signature (x,y, and z vibration spectra) for each monitoring point can be compared to past records or other similarly located machines to insure optimal machine performance and reliability.
- There are several support and main crankcase bearings that can be a mixture of bearing types. As long as the several VTB-Sensors are internally mounted as close as possible to the main bearings, the vibration signature reflects the operating status of each set of bearings
Notable Customers Using this Application:
For reciprocating machines such as pumps or compressors a mix of VTB vibration and VTB impact sensors should be used. The VTB triaxial vibration sensors will detect mechanical flaws in bearings, out of balance, misalignment. The vibration sensor looks at acceleration velocity and displacement values. The vibration sensors should be mounted near the bearings on the driving side of the machine.
The VTB impact / looseness sensors look at very quick high energy burst of energy associated with mechanical issues like rubs, cracks or loose bolts. These high amplitude short time duration burst of energy are not easily detected with traditional vibration sensors.
These types of defects are not detected by traditional vibration measurements. The VTB mechanical impact or looseness sensors look at spikes of energy above the normal threshold for a period of time associated with the speed of the machine. We suggest one VTB impact/ looseness sensor per throw or piston.